Which New York Matrimonial Action Can Be Undone?

Photo by Chevanon Photography on Pexels.com

What if you obtain a legal separation from your spouse in New York courts and then change your mind? Lucky for you the law appears to have been designed with that in mind. It is possible to undo a judgement for separation. Pursuant to DRL 203, the court will undo a judgement of separation if sufficient proof is provided to the court.

“Upon the joint application of the parties, accompanied with satisfactory evidence of their reconciliation, a judgment for a separation, forever, or for a limited period, rendered as prescribed in this article, may be revoked at any time by the court which rendered it, subject to such regulations and restrictions as the court thinks fit to impose” NY DRL 203.

If you are interested in learning about unique ways that the law can be used to end or put your marriage on hold contact Diana Mohyi Attorney at Law.

Published by Diana Mohyi Attorney at Law P.C.

Divorce & Family Law Attorney Licensed in Michigan & New York

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: